Saturday, April 2, 2011

post the first

after two good lessons from experienced spinners, both of whom showed me but did not tell me, saying it’s in my hands, not my brain (as if i already didn’t know--that!)--and when i ask a question tell me to relax, as if a simple question was a sign of agitation!  i need answers to them in order to proceed,  is all, so i’m going to have to find a book and teach myself, i guess.  my hands do not know what to do unless initially told by my brain, and i don’t understand what it is that i’m supposed to be seeing.  so? book.  traditional learning method for me.

DSCN6393-1

i can’t even tell if i’m overtwisting because of too little take up, or for some other reason.  i keep spinning and spinning again the same two feet of yarn.  i can’t tell when, or even if, it’s winding on, or how it should, or anything else.  book.  and this new place to keep track.

i wonder what book?

Flickr Tags:

1 comment:

  1. apparently, from what i'm finding, NO book. no youtube either. a newer wheel to learn on? what?

    ReplyDelete